Before getting into the facts of asbestos exposure, it is important to know about it in brief. For once in the early days, asbestos was extremely popular among the construction industry and also popularly used in various utensils and cooking pots. However, researchers started studying this material which ultimately led to being regarded as a dangerous one. These are a few facts about the asbestos exposure you should be aware of.
- Although upon entering, the majority of the asbestos come out of the body. However, a small portion seems to be left behind which later on gets accumulated on the surface of the lungs. This then leads to causing some serious health problems related to the respiratory system.
- If you ignore once exposed to asbestos, then there are some serious consequences such as even death.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency has revealed that no individual is safe from asbestos whether a small or large amount gets inside the body.
- There’s no guarantee of whether one is safe even after going through treatment for asbestos.
- Around 3000 people living in the USA are facing problems related to asbestos every year. The bad part is that the numbers keep rising every year.
- Asbestos-related symptoms only start to appear in an individual after passing the age of 30 which is a problem as early symptoms cannot be detected.
- Those who smoke are bound to suffer from lung cancer and due to this reason, one should consider quitting completely asap.
If your house is comprised of this material then call a professional for asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW.